SkS Weekly Digest #15
Posted on 12 September 2011 by John Hartz
John Cook wins! John Cook wins!
As detailed in Just Deserts: Winning the 2011 Eureka Prize, John Cook, the founder and grand poobah of SkS received a well-deserved Eureka prize from the Australian Museum. Way to go JC!
The 18-part (SKS record) series on ocean acidification, OA is not OK, was trasnformed into a booklet by Doug Mackie and his fellow authors -- a first for SkS. Way to go Doug, Christina & Keith!
Toon of the Week
In another first, SkS posts its first original toon by its resident artist, jg. The toon was inspired by the headline of an article posted on Fox Nation: Fox News-Inspired Scientist to Study Why Global Warming Has Stopped. Way to go jg!
The Week in Review
- Santer et al. Catch Christy Exaggerating (Dana)
CERN - Saying Nothing About Cosmic Ray Effects on Climate (Dana)
- Greenhouse Gas: It's not just about CO2 (Mythago)
- Lessons from Past Predictions: IPCC AR4 (Dana)
- Treehugger Video #6 (John Cook)
- Icelandic translation to the Guide (John Cook)
- Not so Permanent Permafrost (Agnostic)