Video 16 more years of Global Warming available with German voice-over
Posted on 3 February 2013 by BaerbelW , olivermarchand
A version of the 16-Years-video with German voice-over has been created and uploaded to the SkS-Youtube channel. Creating this version involved five steps and virtual collaboration across four countries and two continents:
- Translating the video-script and cutting the wording down to roughly fit the English original time-wise was started in Germany by Bärbel with proofreading and corrections provided from Switzerland (Oliver) and Norway (Gunnar).
- Once we had the script, Oliver recorded the voice-over in Switzerland and sent the audio-file to Kevin C. in the U.K.
- Kevin then merged the voice-over with his video to create the German version which required some "stretching" of the video to fit our slightly longer audio (2:18 compared to 2:02).
- As a last step, John (in Australia) uploaded the final video to the SkS-channel where it is now waiting to be watched
- To coincide with the video's release we also prepared and published a German version of the 16-year rebuttal.
As the merging of voice-over and script is rather time-consuming this is only worthwhile to do if there is enough supposed interest for a language-specific voice-over. Please contact us to find out more about this option. As an alternative, it is possible to add video captions in different languages to the original video. Please download this Word document and email the document with translated text to SkS (SkS-translations [AT] online [dot] ms). But best first to get in touch to ensure nobody else is already working on your language.