SkS Weekly Digest #10
Posted on 8 August 2011 by John Hartz
“Misdiagnosis of Surface Temperature Feedback" by Kevin Trenberth and John Fasullo is a critique of a controversial paper authored by by Roy Spencer and Danny Braswell that had gone viral within "skeptic" media during the past two weeks.
Toon of the Week...
The Week in Review
- Climate Denial Video #4: The favourite weapon of deniers, cherry picking (John Cook)
- Where have all the people gone? (Daniel Bailey)
- Climate Denial Video #5 (John Cook)
- No accounting for taste (Doug Mackie)
- Climate Denial Video #6 (John Cook)
- Christy Crock #7: People Need Fossil Fuel Energy (Sarah)
- Christy Crock #8: Expensive and inaccessible (Sarah)
- The Ridley Riddle Part Three: Like a Northern Rock (Andy S)
- Climate Skeptic Fool's Gold (Dana)
- The Last Interglacial Part Three - Melting Ice and Rising Seas (Steve Brown)
- Omega (Doug Mackie)
- A climate sensitivity primer (James)
- GHG mitigation solutions for libertarians? (scaddenp)
- A Lousy Two Degrees - Who Cares? (Agnostic)
SkS in the News
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has created a nicely done interactive webpage addressing climate change and public health in the United States.
Per the NRDC:
Climate change is one of the most serious public health threats facing the nation, but few people are aware of how it can affect them. Children, the elderly, and communities living in poverty are among the most vulnerable. Click on a state on the map for more information on climate-health threats, actions being taken to prepare communities, and what you can do.